"As citizens of the European Union our young people need to learn more about Europe and their fellow Europeans."
Work & Study Opportunities in EuropeEurope is your oyster and there are many opportunities to work, study or volunteer across the continent!
Check out EURODESK for free information on work, study, travel and volunteering opportunities in Europe! Plus, find out more about the European Voluntary Service and opportunities outside Europe on the XCHANGE SCOTLAND site.
You can also find helpful information on working, studying and volunteering in all EU member states, EEA countries and Turkey on the EUROPEAN YOUTH PORTAL site.
STUDY IN EUROPE
- The European Students' Forum is another great place to find information.
- You can also read this helpful guide from the European Commission which may answer some of your questions on studying abroad.
- If you're considering post graduate study in Europe, you can find a list of some of the available courses here.
- Get prepared and find country-specific guides to studying abroad here
- Having relevant Health Care Information can set your mind at ease when you're travelling abroad.
INTERN IN EUROPE- Are you a student or graduate who wants to teach English outside of the UK? Find out how here.
- Find links to various traineeships and study visits offered by the European Parliament here
- iAgora is a useful website with a list of internships and work placements in Europe, with additional details of language courses, housing, hotels and travel.
- Click here to discover how you can represent the UK in the EU.
- Information on all the European Commission's Traineeships are available here, whilst traineeships with CURIA (European Court of Justice) can be found here.
WORK IN EUROPE
- When applying for jobs in Europe, it's useful to know how your qualifications are recognised. Luckily, you can find out here!
- EURES, JobsAbroad, Trovit, EuroJobs and EuroBrussels are all excellent portals for finding work in Europe. For those interested in economics and finance, the European Central Bank posts job vacancies on this site
- You can find out about working for the Foreign & Commonwealth Office on their website
- Information on working as a translator for the European Union can be found here along with details of the selection procedure for those wishing to work for one of the European Institutions.
- If you'd like to volunteer, you can find plenty of opportunities to do so here and here.
- Don't forget to get up to speed on rules and regulations for working abroad here
OTHER USEFUL SOURCES
The EU Bookshop is a fantastic resource for anyone who wants to learn about all things European.
A guide to Scotland's place in Europe along with information on Scotland House in Brussels can be found here.
Radio Lingua is a fantastic resource with which to learn and improve on your language skills via podcasts and short videos.